Saturday 23 November 2013

25 sleeps

It's strange to think of how emotionally traumatic the end of a marriage can be. It's like a death without a physical body.  If there was a body there would be closure. You would say goodbye, grieve and people would understand.  We have all experienced heartbreak and although I knew I was not alone it was still my journey and only I could walk it.  When I first realised that I wasn't really coping with the gaping wound in my heart I started to swim. The comfort of slipping into the water feeling it envelop me saved my life. In the water I could let forth all the crazy and heartbreaking thoughts that I fought to push away. Somehow it was easier to face them if my body was moving and the water was surrounding me like a blanket.  When I was stronger, fitter I decided to utilise the gym I had joined for swimming and took up running. I've always had a love hate relationship with running and this time round  was no different. I started running on the treadmill at my gym and set my goal to reduce the time it took to run 1km. Every day I go to the gym, I get on the treadmill and I run. Some days are so easy, others are just hard work but like Lorna would say - "don't stop when you're tired stop when you're done" and that's what I do.  I started taking photos of the workout times to mark my progress.  Some days I don't try to beat my time I just do my regular run and enjoy the feeling that I can!  The gym is literally my home away from home. There were nights I would stretch for 30 mins or sit and watch the water aerobics just so I wasn't alone.
I will miss the morning chats with Kimmy as I collect my spa band. I will miss the familiar  faces  I nod to every morning and the adorable Chinese ladies who never fail to tell me how amazing I'm looking. I will miss praying and crying in the steam room under the safety of the steam. 

In general I will miss my gym. Number 7 will miss. 



1 comment: