Friday 22 November 2013

26 sleeps

To continue my running theme of the friends who have changed my life whilst living in this fair city, I give you Hannah.  I've never been one to concern myself with age when it comes to friends, younger or older, to me, friends are friends. I tend to just think we're the same age. Afterall, it's not as if I've ever really progressed from being 18...

In May I started a new job, I'd had a few months of doing bugger all but being paid well for it but my free ride, as I like to call it came to an end and I had to find a new job. This one although not quite as free a ride was pleasant and it brought with it the opportunity of new friendships.  When Hannah turned up at my desk one morning to drop off some papers for my boss I was dazzled by her smile. It went all the way to her eyes and I thought, yes, I like this girl.  We chatted easily and the next thing you know we're shooting the breeze over cheeseburgers and doing our grocery shopping together.  Fast forward 6 months and this 21 one year old, who is mature beyond her years has been a rock for me. With a simple 'I miss you' text she can transform what could have been a bad day into a day full of possibilities. Such is her ability to make you feel good about life in even the darkest of hours. Afterall, no matter how great you are at picking yourself up, sometimes you just end up in a pity party! We all need a bouncer to call last drinks at times.

Without further ado, number 6 will miss - Hannah and accompanying her in this picture is her beautiful offspring Eva (EB) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment