Monday 18 November 2013

30 sleeps

There are those friendships in your life that are not dissimilar to the energiser bunny - they just keep on going, in spite of what life throws at them.

My friendship with Doc is one of them. We met when I was 17 and there hasn't been a day that's passed since where he hasn't been a part of my life even when I am throwing tantrums about varying things.

Yesterday we went to the local near his home and shared a bottle of red and I listened to him plead with me not to leave - to please reconsider my decision.

I fought back the tears that threatened to spill over and stood, rather sat firmly with him telling him that leaving was no longer a choice. My sanity depended on it.

As he always does he sighed and said "I understand"

number 2 will miss - Doccy


No comments:

Post a Comment