Wednesday 20 November 2013

28 sleeps

I've never been much of a treasure hunter but God has always managed to find for me his most rare and precious gifts and give them to me in the way of friends. (I want to remind you all that only my friends on this side of the country will be mentioned here given they will be my misses so friends on the East you are equally as treasured!) When I started at DTF I was not in a particularly good place in my life. This city had handed me a few disappointments in the career sense and my marriage was literally beginning to crumble.

Enter my Irish treasure! When I meet someone who literally takes my breath away with their physical appearance I actually assume someone so attractive could never be good on the inside as well, twice in my life this assumption has failed me. Not only is Joanna beautiful, she is kind, generous, funny, loving and no matter what - she's there for you! We have a long history of drinking and dancing up a storm, unfortunately we never seem to last longer than 1 drink at the Hippy Club before we are asked to ermmmm go and have some pizza and find somewhere else to dance...   

In recent months, with the chaos and turmoil in my life Joanna has been my Sunday saviour. We go to mass and then we go to "mass". Which entails a few quiet bevvies (cough cough) and a dance.  Our bar of choice is somewhat more tolerant than the Hippy so we usually make it to stumps which we all know in this city is about 10pm (and people wonder why I'm leaving!!!)

Without further ado - my number 4 will miss - my Irish treasure Joanna xx


No comments:

Post a Comment