Friday 29 November 2013

19 sleeps

For my friends, this 'will miss' needs no introduction. Can't say I've ever picked up here as the name may suggest but I have definitely had some HUGE sessions here and even when I have had the odd quiet afternoon, it has been very enjoyable.

For the non locals, here is a run down as per 'what to do in Perth' sites

"Who doesn't love a good shag? I'm certainly not one to complain. The Lucky Shag will cater to all your wants and needs. Alcohol? Check. Good food? Check. Fun crowd? Check. Aesthetically pleasing? Double check. A bad day can be instantly rectified by ordering a glass of wine, pulling up a chair overlooking the river and soaking up some vitamin D at The Lucky Shag. I kid you not. The Lucky Shag is definitely one of my favorite bars in Perth."

I'll share one little story of ours.  'Will miss' soon to be featured and I took an afternoon off work and decided The Shag would be our spot for some lunch and maybe a few quiet bevvies.  We'd been enjoying the view below when a very expensive boat full of older gents decided they were going to dock, right there. In front of our perfect view. To say the least we weren't happy and given we were on our 5th or so round we weren't shy in letting them know.  For our trouble we scored a round of drinks and the offer of sharing their massive seafood platters.  We naturally accepted the token gesture of a free drink and declined the seafood. One doesn't require food when there is bundy on hand... Moving forward 5 or so hours and I'm watching 'will miss' soon to be featured holding onto the edge of the table with her eyes closed saying she couldn't see and should probably go home I thought perhaps we should have eaten.  I still giggle to myself at the vision of her holding onto the table.

Will miss, lucky number 13, the Lucky Shag!  


1 comment: