Sunday 1 December 2013

18 sleeps

When life gives you lemons it's always good to know there are those around you who will order you a bottle of tequila and some salt and happily sit at the bar next to you drinking shots and being your sounding board!

I've always been a believer that people come into your life for a reason when you need them most.  Standing in the photocopying room cursing the damn machine for not doing what I wanted it to do, in breezed my next "will miss".  I first noticed her a few days earlier as she occupied a desk down the hall from me and she seemed to spend a lot of time looking at her mobile - I remember thinking to myself she must be in love.  (How right I was)

A few days later she stopped me as I walked past and I'm not sure how she raised it but she asked me about my impending divorce. The rest as they say is history.  We have, since that very day, had a running email conversation dotted with lunches and the odd dinner about life and all it's ups and downs.  Freely speaking to someone about a love you shared that is no longer a good thing for your heart is hard to do, people who don't know you well tend not to understand  how you can say you love someone so intensely but walk away from them. Every now and then you are surprised by the special ones who have been blessed enough to experience such love so they "get it."

Which brings me back to being right, which I often am... (Yes I'm also incredibly modest...) My new friend is deeply in love and one of the highlights of being her friend is the way her face lights up when she talks about her partner. It warms my heart to see this type of love as I understand it so intimately. 

Without the support, friendship and love this "will miss" has given me over the time we have been friends my days would have much harder to face and my life would not feel quite so full. 

My will miss number 14 - Debbie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment