Saturday 7 December 2013

11 sleeps

Cue the theme song to 'Cheers' (one of my favourite tv shows)

Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got. Taking a break from all your worries, sure would help a lot. Wouldn't you like to get away? Sometimes you want to go Where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same You wanna be where everybody knows Your name.

Now, onto my next 'will miss', this bar is my 'Cheers' moment in life. Truly. I could walk in alone, bound to find someone I know. Or to buy me a bundy, listen to me unload, make me laugh, give me a cig should the need arise, tell me a story to make me realise, actually my life isn't that bad or just sit at the table and people watch with.

Being regulars has it's perks too. Free birthday cocktails. Shots after cut off. Drinks in general after cut off. Not being cut off when you should be. You get the picture. But it was more than that. It was a place of real comfort. Not just for me. For our crew in general.

What a mixed bag. All professionals. Some functioning alcoholics. Some non functioning alcoholics and some who just needed to 'be' there. But together, somehow, we all fitted and we all had a place in one anothers lives. So it's not just the bar I will miss, but the friends I made there and who supported me even when they didn't know they were doing it.

'Will miss' 21 - Black Tom's (BT's)


No comments:

Post a Comment