Wednesday 11 December 2013

7 sleeps

Today is a bad day. I'm just going to put that out there, a sort of 'disclaimer' of sorts just in case this post doesn't sound as though I'm in the 'missing' mood.

This little exercise has really made me take stock of what is truly important to me. I've never been a materialistic person, I like nice things, pretty things and I am fond of shopping but when it comes to possessions, to quote a recent sermon at mass, what doesn't fit in my coffin, I don't need. (Possession wise).

Services. There are certain services or people that perform these services that I will miss. So today's will miss is dedicated to the people and places that make my life better by way of beauty and relaxation!

Waxing - my waxer in Royal Street bless her, she is a recent find but brilliant. Opening your legs wide without underwear for a strange woman to apply hot wax to your most intimate parts isn't always a comfortable experience but Kelly made it seem second nature and I will miss that.

Hairdresser - although my hairdresser of 6 years ran back to the UK her salon is still here and the person who replaced her used my card to always get my colour right. I will miss Saturday mornings tucked up talking about my life with whoever happens to be doing my hair!

Massages - the folks at Shens do a fab massage and even if it's just a $5 neck massage so that I can feel human again, I always leave feeling better.

Pedicures - there are a couple of places, one in East Vic Park, Innaloo, the city, anywhere that is willing to scrub and file my feet, massage my legs and paint my toenails gets a shout out.

Dog groomer - Carlene is a great girl and does an excellent job of grooming the fat dog even when he's been left for months and almost ends up totally shaved without his schnauzer feathers. She is also a great person who went out of her way to fit us in even when she was uber busy.

Shopping centres - Karrinyup, the City, Innaloo - my local haunts and I'll miss them all.

Will miss 25 - Services in this fair city!









No comments:

Post a Comment