Monday 2 December 2013

16 sleeps

This 'will miss' is a two for one. A package deal that has been that way since 2007/2008 when these two amazing women and I connected in the office and then over several bottles of white wine, minus the dinner we were supposed to have. (I know, by now you will all be thinking, is there a running theme with this woman's life. Alcohol? I'm not actually the alcoholic I would appear but I do love a drink. Especially with good company.)

How do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume?
Not quite, but there have been times the lessons learnt have been hard and I naturally tend to make them harder for myself, why do things the easy way after all?? Whilst learning some valuable lessons these two have been by my side. Every. Step. Every. Fall. Every. High. Every. Low.

We have shared many things. Heartache. Heartbreak. Love. Loss. Happiness. My favourite memories are of the laughter. Amongst the many tears, there have been laughs that literally took our breath away. Usually shared over a good meal and with some bubbles we would open up about the 'real stuff'. The things you don't say to most people because you fear their reaction let alone their response.

Friendships that stand the test of time, the frankness of 'calling' each other on things that others perhaps wouldn't, house sharing, not seeing each other as often as you would like because life simply gets in the way are the kind of friendships that need to be clung to. Even when there are days it all seems too hard. When I first left our office I am sure I suffered separation anxiety. We had spent every day together for nearly a year and lunch wasn't really the same unless we ate it together. Thankfully we have managed to keep a running email conversation going that keeps us connected.

For their understanding, patience, support, love and advice I'll be forever grateful.

Will miss number 16, Mon & Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment