Thursday 5 December 2013

13 sleeps

It’s always darkest before the dawn. I don’t know how many times I have said this to my friends in a time of crisis. Both literally and figuratively. I have often needed to remind myself of this in the past 20 months. To remember every cloud truly does have a silver lining and no matter how hard the hit, there is always someone to help me get back up on my feet again.

I have written about a few friends, near and dear who have willingly had their photos splashed over the blog and been happy to be named! And they have all played a part in picking me up over the years.

But this particular friend, the one who has helped me through some of the darkest days I have faced has asked to remain anonymous. Naturally I will abide with their wishes and say no more about names. But I will say that their support, unconditional love and never ending willingness to share song lyrics with me just to make me smile has meant the world to me.

‘Always a rainy day without you…’ We bonded over Queen. We cemented over Keane and we parted with Adele.

To my ‘will miss’ number 19 – ‘Watch how you go’ xx


No comments:

Post a Comment